Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back in the saddle

Well, today was my first Family Storytime and Shake, Rattle and Roll in a very long time. We didn't do very many programs the first couple of months the library was starting in January we started offering our schedule. We've got some pretty good size crowds considering this is still our first month. It was nice to see some familiar faces from Arabian as well as some new faces. I think it's harder for children's librarians to move branches because from what I've seen and experienced we get more attached to the little customers than the adults.

It seems many hadn't experienced SRR before, at least not in the style I perform it so it was a real hoot. Good thing the paneled wall is pretty sound proof.

For FST I tried out a couple of new books; "Sally and the Purple Socks" and "Whose Nose and Toes". They both went over really well as did one of my regular books "Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?". I saw on our shelves that we have some new dinosaur books. I'm going to have to unpack the six foot inflatable dinosaur and get him patched up so I can have another dino themed storytime. The dino is about twice as tall as my tallest kids in the past so it's great for taking pictures (that's him behind me in my profile pic).

BTW, I list all of the books I'm reading this year, including Storytime/Picture books in my blog post "2010 - Books".

No comments:

Post a Comment