Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Asian staycation just got easier and cheaper.

I've doing some research for my Asian staycation looking for a market where I can buy my food and other supplies.  There's a little place down the street from me call House of Rice.  All the years I've lived here I thought they were a restaurant but apparently they are also an Asian market will all the food, sushi kits, etc.

http://www.houserice.com/

It just goes to show that there are still little nuggets of information I can find about my own neighborhood.

I was planning on going today after work but, unfortunately, I've been trapped in the apartment Africanized Bees.



The nest was discovered yesterday.  It was brought to my attention when a man in a beekeeper suit knocked on my door.  The next is on my level across the walkway.  He was warning me that they are going to spray the nest and the bees were going to get really upset.

This morning I noticed that most of the bees were gone but about 30+ of them shifted from their nest to right in front of my door and window.  They're bumping into the the door and window which I've been told is a good sign but it can take 24-72 hours after a treatment before they're gone.

I found out at a young age that I'm deathly allergic to bees so I'm pretty much stuck here until they are gone or until they are down to a quantity that I can slip by.  After all, I don't want to spend my vacation in a hospital.

So until then, I'll do some library work at home and put some extra time into planning my trip.

BTW, don't forget that Phoenix Comicon is coming up soon and they have some really awesome guests and panels. Ticket prices go up tomorrow.


Until then true believer, make mine Marvel!

Michael




No comments:

Post a Comment