Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anxiously awaiting to kindle a new relationship

With my new Amazon Kindle that it is :)

Due to some blurry vision, I've been unable to do much reading so after reviewing several different ebook readers I settled on the Amazon Kindle. The main selling point was that the font size can be increased up to a 25pt. My eyes aren't that bad, but it's nice to know that it's possible to get it that large. The other really cool thing is WhisperNet. My Kindle is still on the delivery truck but with WhisperNet the content I purchased (one book and a couple blog subscriptions) was already downloaded to my Kindle while in transit.

Don't get me wrong, I'll never give up my paper books. I still use the non-fic like crazy, but for just plain pleasure reading or when I'm having a lot of trouble with my vision, this'll be nice to have, cause I just plain cannot stand not being able to read. Another good selling point is all the free content available. You don't have to purchase one of Amazon's 160,000 Kindle format titles even at the price of 1/2 to 1/3 of cover price. You can download for free lots of books from Project Gutenberg, Harper Collins and Baen Publishing. The Kindle also has some web accessibility so you can read blogs online and even do some shopping. Plus whatever you purchase for the Kindle is downloaded automatically in seconds.

So, I'll post again after I've played with it for a few days. If it lives up to it's description and hype, I'll be doing the Snoopy happy dance very soon.

Later.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment