Monday, November 5, 2007

Learning 2.0 - Thing #3

Of the 7 1/2 habits of lifelong learning I find the easiest to be #2; "Accept responsibility for your own learning." In other words, whether or not I learn any new skills is completely in my hands. If I follow this course I will progress and have a better understanding of what I am exploring. If I decide to just sit on the sidelines and let the world pass me by, that is my choice also.

As a personal preference I like to continue learning. It doesn't matter what I study; technology, science, history, etc. If I'm not learning something, I'm not living up to my potential.

The habit that is hardest is #7 1/2; "Play". This comes from far too many years as a work-a-holic in a high pressure atmosphere. People can change, however. That is what I am striving to do. I plan to stop every now and then and "smell the roses". I will make time for play.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment