Saturday, June 29, 2013

ALA2013 Day 1

Today officially kicked off the ALA 2013 conference.  I began the day at the Class of 2k13 debut authors.  The program was hosted by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Insurgent and Oct 2013's Allegiant).  The line up was:

Caela Carter
Cristin Terrill
Debra Driza
Demitria Lunetta
Geoffrey Girard
Jennifer McGowan
K.A. Barson
Kate Karyus Quinn
Liesl Shurtliff
Lydia Kang
Mindy McGinnis
Nicole McInnes
Polly Holyoke, Panel Coordinator, The Class of 2k13
Stephanie Kuehn
Tamera Wissinger
Tara Sullivan

A trivia game followed with each of the debut authors hosting a table; to the winners (not me) were "super" grab bags.
It was a fun program and it looks like it will be a good year for YA fiction.


The next program I attended was Intellectual Freedom 101 hosted by the Office of Intellectual freedom and then the General Opening Session.

At this point the Exhibitor Hall opened  and there was a flash flood of Librarians being swept down the aisles, grabbing what they could as they poured down the aisles,

More details and pics to come.

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet
    my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like
    this for quite some time and was hoping maybe
    you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.


    Also visit my web page best epilators 2013

    ReplyDelete